This Tea Bread is delicious, I make it for my children to have as a after school treat. Be very careful though, one piece is never enough.
You will need a 900g (2lbs) loaf tin (I use a silicon one as I don’t have to line it with parchment and it never sticks)
225g Self raising flour
225g Mashed over ripe Bananas
100g Caster sugar
2 Large Eggs
6 tbsp Stortford Honey
For the topping:
2 tbsp Stortford Honey
- Preheat oven to 160c/140c fan/Gas 3.
- Rub the butter into the flour with fingertips until it resembles find breadcrumbs
- Add the mashed Bananas along with the eggs and Honey. Beat well until evenly mixed then fill your loaf tin.
- Bake for about 1 1/4 hours or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. (If it browns too much, cover loosely with foil)
- When your Tea Bread has cooled, warm 2 tbsp of Stortford Honey in a small pan then drizzle over your Tea Bread to serve. Yum!